Everyone knows that to have a better sales process for your online store, you should automatically invoice your customer whenever you receive a new order.
New Integration requirements
If you want a new Invoicing system, here is what you need:
- An invoicing system accepting external integrations (normally they consume Webservices via XML or JSON);
- Technical knowledge in programming software to integrate both systems;
- The integration itself, typically on an external server, managing the communication between the store and the invoicing system.
The integration code, can be written in any given language, capable of processing JSON data. This integration code is hosted your own web-server and will handle the communication between the store and the invoicing system.
We recommend you to start by:
- Creating a test store, free up to 14 days - let us know if you need more trial days;
- Add an webhook, firing data on every "Order Update" to your Integration - use ResquestBin to inspect them;
- At your Integration code, read the body message and headers of the POST request;
- With this data, process it and push it to the invoincing system, thus creating the invoice;
- Add an "Order History Event" at the Jumpseller's store Order. Use the API
- Send an email to the Customer, with the Merchant's email address in BCC, informing him of the newly created invoice;
- "Tax Id" field can be set on a store as "Optional" or "Mandatory" on the Admin Panel. Prepare your Integration according this;
- (optionally) create "Checkout Custom Fields" to collect specific Invoicing Information, like "Business Name". Use the API too.
When this is done we recommended you to publish your integration, as an App, to all Jumpseller merchants. This will your work visibility and will be easier for new merchants to install and start using your integration.
- Jumpseller's Webhooks - triggering POST requests to external Apps
- Jumpseller's API Documentation - listing all the endpoints for you Integration to communicate with a Jumpseller store
- Jumpseller's Apps Documentation - explaining how to publish your Integration as an App to all Jumpseller's merchants
- Ngrok - local tunnelling, allowing your Integration to communicate with the Jumpseller's store & invoicing system
- ResquestBin - to inspect POST requests from Jumpseller hooks.
The typical flow between the two systems is:
- A new order is created in the Jumpseller store;
- The Jumpseller's store informs the invoicing system of this new sale, passing a JSON with the order's information;
- The external invoicing system creates the invoice;
- Either the invoicing system or the integration notify the customer of the invoice generation, normally by attaching the PDF invoice to an email;
- (optionally) if the invoicing system also controls the stock, the stock should be updated according this event;
- (optionally) when the Jumpseller’s order changes status -
Canceled- the invoicing system can also be informed - important when "Paid" orders are "Canceled" and a "Credit Note" needs to be created.
As of now, Jumpseller has invoicing integrations in Chile and Portugal. To view the full list of available options please see the invoicing section on Jumpseller Apps Chile and Jumpseller Apps Portugal.