In this tutorial, we will briefly explain to you how you can manage orders efficiently. On the orders page you can view order history, order status, invoices and other valuable information.
Go to the Orders tab and find the Orders list
Click on a particular order to have access to its detailed information. You can see the following details:
- List of the ordered products (SKU, Name, Quantity and Price) and all general information from the order (Total and Subtotal Prices, Shipping Costs and Taxes);
- Client's contact details provided during the ordering process.
- Order Information including Date, Status, Payment Method and Shipping method.
- Billing and Shipping addresses provided by your customer in the ordering process.
- Payment Information (in this case, information needed to complete the bank transfer) and an automatic map display, a feature that enables you to easily locate where you will be shipping your product.
- Order History You can view the order history to check when the order was created and what is its status. This helps you keep track of the order lifecycle.
Each order can have one of the following four possible statuses:
- Abandoned: if your customer completed the order but decided to leave the order without paying. This status can only be set by the system and is used by the Recover Abandoned Orders feature.
- Pending Payment: if your customer completed the order, was redirected to pay the order but the payment gateway did not confirm yet the payment.
- Paid: if the order has been already paid.
- Canceled: if the order was cancelled by the user.
Shipment can have any one of the following 6 statuses at a time:
- In Transit
The goal is to ofcourse Fulfill the orders. So, when you click on the Fulfill Order button. You will see the following menu:
If the payment has been sucessfully made, you can fill out all the details regarding the orders. And the status will update to Fulfilled. See more details about Order Fulfillment.
Considering that in our case the order was cancelled, you just have to click on the Mark as Cancelled button in the top right of the tab. You will see a success message below.
Order status will be changed to Cancelled and the inventory of the Flip-Flops product is reverted to its previous quantity. Wherever one item runs out of stock, a message out-of-stock is displayed and users will be unable to buy more of those items until stock is replenished.
If you wish to print the order, click on the Actions drop down menu on the top right and then click on Print.
Direct Buy Links
With Jumpseller, you have the option of adding Direct Buy Links to your social media pages. This allows users to be redirected to your store cart via an external source. The users will have a chance to buy the products directly from this link. To see more details regading how to add direct buy links? please read the following guide.
What are Pending Payment Orders?
The “Pending Payment” status indicates the merchant will need to perform a manual revision of the payment. Most of the times this happens when:
- Customer adds a product to the cart;
- Customer checks out selecting Bank Transfer payment or similar manual payment;
- The Order is now Pending Payment;
- Merchant will need to check the their PayPal, WebPay, bank account, etc and manually change the Order Status to “Paid” or “Canceled”.
What happen with the stock when there is a Pending Order Payment?
For example, you have an item with stock 2 and you sold 1. When purchase is done and shows up like “Pending” or “Paid”, the item`s stock, automatically deducts, therefore it will come up like Stock 1.
If you point this order like “Send”, stock will be the same (reduce to 1), since it was already discounted in advance.
If you point the same order like “Canceled”, stock will be reversed and it will be stock 2 again.
What’s the difference between ‘Pending’ and ‘Abandoned’ Orders?
A Pending Payment Order indicates the Order might still change to Paid. Either automatically via a Payment Gateway notification. Or manually by the merchant (p.e. for Bank Transfers).
An Abandoned Order is an Incomplete or Abandoned Order. In the future this Orders can be recovered by inviting the Customer (via email) to complete Order Checkout Processes.
Can orders be downloaded or integrated with external invoicing system?
Using our API you can download all your online store orders' history and integrate it with your invoicing system.
Can I delete an Order?
It is not possible to Delete Orders but you can mark them as canceled.