An important aspect of starting an Online Business is adding and listing your products. Depending on the products you are selling, you can create a suitable product page with details and variants, amongst other things. Let us go through the steps to configure products on your Jumpseller Store.
In order to access the Products section, go to Admin Panel > Products > All Products. Here, if there are no products you will see a “No Products Yet” message.
You can Add Products manually or you can directly import a CSV file with your existing product list.
How to import products by uploading a CSV file
If there are already products listed there, you can click “Add Product” on the top right to add your new products.
Once you are in the section to create your product, you will see different sections of input fields:
Basic info: Name (Required),
Categories: you can create new categories here depending on how you want to segment your products.
Description: you can also add HTML on the description editor but it is not a requirement.
Featured: This option tags your product as "featured", depending on your template, it can prominently display it on your website, like in your homepage slideshow.
- Images: For each product you can upload as many images as you need (with a maximum file size of 2 MB each). The first image on the top left corner is used as the main image that, depending on the template you are using, can be the biggest one. If you want to select a new main image, upload it and then just drag & drop it to the first left position. You can reorder the images on the image list.
- Properties: Here you can set the Price of the product, set the Stock number and add a Stock-keeping unit (SKU) - a number or code that identifies each unique product or item for sale. You can also add the Brand of a particular product, its barcode and set a status for it.
Status: There are three possible statuses:
- Available: Product is available on the store and can be added to the cart;
- Not Available: Product is visible on the store but not available to be purchased. This status is very useful if a product ran out of stock and you need time to replenish it (e.g. your supplier’s factory is located in Asia) but you don’t want to lose sales leads. Using this status you can still promote it and receive inquiries.
- Disabled: Product is not displayed on the store. In case you have seasonal products (e.g. only sold during Christmas time) and don’t want to promote them during the rest of the year.
Shipping: edit shipping properties such as weight, height, length, type of box etc
- Product options: To add further details to your products, you can use the Product Options. Generate variants and set their specific properties (sku, price, stock, weight).
You can edit and sort them by clicking on the “Edit” button.
- Custom Fields: You can also create a Custom Field, specifying its label and type, at any product. These can be shared across all products, however, you will need to add each custom field and its respective value on each product manually.
- Attachments: If you have additional information about a product on an external file (for example a PDF) you can upload them here and it will appear as a downloadable option on that products page.
- Digital Products: If you want to sell Digital Products such as music, softwares, book etc, you have to check this box. This hides all the shipping fields, and enables the upload of the product files which are private and only sent to the customer after their purchase is complete.
Best Digital Products to Sell
- SEO: Your store is already confirmed to be SEO friendly, however, you still need to add the relevant data in order for Google to index your pages. Add the Page Title, Meta Description and edit the URL.
Learn the basics of SEO
- How to manage my Products stock?
Managing stock can be a daunting task, especially if you have a big number of products. Some options to better manage your Products’ stock:
Edit stock levels at your Admin Panel. We do a simple inventory control;
For stores with hundreds of products you can use our Import/Export Products to CSV option. We suggest you to first Export your Product data, edit them without changing the file structure and upload it again;
Import Products Via A CSV File
Please review our Import Products Via A CSV File page
How do I add a Video to my Product page?
It is possible to add videos to your Product's description by embedding them:
Copy the video embed code from Youtube or Vimeo (or whatever service you use). Guide For YouTube
Go to your Product Details Page.
Click Add Video as below: