Many online stores know the importance of appearing in the first places of Google searches but believe that the only way to do this is by paying Google Ads, that is, by spending monthly on generating traffic to the store. In this article we'll talk about an easy and free way in which you can appear in the first places of Google searches, that is, by creating your own content, not just once, but in a constant way.
Content Management (Content Marketing) for Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is an essential part for all current businesses that need organic searches on search engines to generate visitors to their web portals. Google constantly checks the pages positioned right above in the rankings for a series of requirements, such as the presence of keywords in the name of the page, unique and relevant content, updated content, external links to the webpage, etc. These and many other criteria will make your online store appear first in the searches for the desired categories. For this reason, we will focus on knowing ways to generate updated and relevant content that will improve search positioning.
Create your own Blog. One of the most underestimated forms of SEO and very seldom correctly succeeded is the creation of its own blog, allowing to share articles related to the products, the brand and related topics of interest to the target market. It is estimated that by 2016 70% of the online stores will carry out some kind of content marketing, raising the budget spent on their creation from 25% to 35% of the total marketing budget, on average. For example, Revinate is a service for hotels, which provides guests' loyalty and online reputation management tools. On their blog they create weekly relevant content to their audience.
To have a blog that contributes to the SEO of your online store you can follow the following steps:
- Check out [Google Adwords] tools (https://adwords.google.com) to check what words your customers are looking for when they are looking for your products online. Adwords makes available to anyone free of charge various tools that will allow you to know what words are used in searches, so you can systematically include them in the content you will create.
- Choose the Content Management Platform (CMS) that will allow you to create your blog and manage your content quickly. Wordpress is a common tool, but if you want to use or already use Jumpseller for your online store, you can easily create a blog.
- Choose the focus of interest for your audience. You do not have to write exclusively about your products, your customers have other topics of interest, figure them out and make a list of potential articles to write.
- Select who will create the content systematically, be it external or internal. It does not matter who, but he/she must know your audience and your products.
- Create articles incorporating the selected keywords, both in the titles and in the body of the text.
- Create a calendar of publications.
- Constantly monitor the outcome of your articles, how many people visit and share it. So refine the focus of your articles.
Create video tutorials. Tutorials are an efficient and useful way to engage your audience with your content and your products, especially if what you offer is perfectly complemented with instructions or examples. A success story may be the Mac Cosmetics YouTube channel, where you can find short videos on how to use their products. These videos are generally characterized by being short, never over 5 minutes, favoring the users who use their mobile devices to consume media content. Platforms like Youtube and Vimeo offer ways to publish your content quickly and free of charge.
Answers to FAQ FAQ stands for Frequent Asked Questions. Many times the questions about your products are repeated, and it is a very good strategy to have a section in your online store with questions and answers, links to products and other sections of your e-commerce. Keep them up to date, incorporate selected keywords and you'll position yourself accordingly on Google.
You already know, create relevant and useful content for your audience. These are just a few ways to do it, discover the ones that work best for your business and get that positioning in the searches you need so badly.